Knowledgeable Texas Lawyer Defends You in a Divorce
San Antonio attorney represents your interests in a divorce case
If your spouse is seeking a divorce, your rights and options can drastically vary depending on the circumstances and state law. Some states allow divorces for nearly any reason. There is no defense against these “no-fault” divorces. Other states require your spouse to prove that you were somehow at fault. Henry Ridgeway Attorney at Law is experienced in divorce law. I do everything possible to prevent a divorce. In cases where a divorce cannot be stopped, I represent your interests throughout the case.
Understanding fault in divorce cases
Many state no longer allow “fault” divorces, and those that do often offer a “no-fault” alternative. I defend clients who are facing fault divorces based on accusations such as:
- Alcohol or drug abuse
I work with you to develop a defense based on factors such as:
- Provocation. This defense alleges that your spouse acted in a way that caused you to commit the act that would normally serve as fault.
- Condonation. This is typically a defense to adultery. It alleges that your spouse knew about your conduct and took you back anyway. In many states, once physical intimacy resumes, this defense can sometimes be used to block a divorce based on cheating.
- Connivance. Another defense to adultery, this means that your spouse took part in the behavior that you are accused of. For example, when both spouses participate in “swinging” behaviors, one may not be able seek a divorce from the other based on this adultery.
I use all possible defenses to prevent an unwanted divorce.
Representing your interests throughout the divorce process
In many cases, a divorce cannot be stopped through legal maneuvering. In these situations, Henry Ridgeway Attorney at Law resolutely represents your interests regarding:
- Child custody and visitation rights
- Child support
- Distribution of personal property, bank accounts, stocks and other assets
- Division of marital debts
- Sale or possession of the marital home
- Spousal support and temporary support
Through tactical trial strategies and professional courtroom presence, I represent clients throughout the adversarial litigation process. I am prepared to handle the complex aspects of your divorce methodically to obtain the most favorable trial outcome.
Trust a San Antonio divorce attorney to represent your interests
Contact Henry Ridgeway Attorney at Law in San Antonio at 210-812-4324 or online to schedule a consultation with a family law attorney.